If you applied to a different College
This page is for students who applied to another College and were made an offer by Christ's after the Winter Pool. It is part of the offer-holders section.
A very warm welcome and congratulations to students who have received an offer from Christ's after applying to a different Cambridge College.
There are three of us in the Undergraduate Admissions Office who will be helping you if you have queries as an offer holder. You'll mainly hear from Kristy and Jan, though occasionally you may hear from Ellie as well. Please call us by our first names!
The way we tend to organise things at Christ's is to have everything on our website. So along with your offer letter, this offer holders section should be your main source of information between now and starting your course, and we will update it periodically as appropriate. Do take some time in the next week or so to have a look at the information in this section so that you know what's in it - you'll see that there are quite a lot of sub-pages about the various things offer holders need to do or be aware of. In particular:
- The 'current points' box and the dates and deadlines page are particularly useful for alerting you to things over the year.
- There's also an offer holders' questions page where we put answers to common or particularly good questions that we've received from offer holders. If possible, please always check that your question isn't already answered on that page before writing to us.
Getting to know Christ's
We realise that you may not know much about Christ's at this stage, but don't worry - there's lots of info on our website that will help you to get to know the College. We recommend reading the relevant subject page in particular, and you'll find lots of little details and personal experience in the student profiles. Indeed, you'll even find quite a few students who also got their places through the Winter Pool so have been in exactly the same situation - see this one, this one, this one, this one, this one, this one, this one and this one! As you can see, there's nothing too unusual about coming to Christ's through the Winter Pool - we hope you will find these reassuring to read!
If you're from outside the UK, you may also find some useful information and perspectives from some of our international students in the international students section.
If you are in Cambridge at any point during the year and would like to visit Christ's, you would be very welcome to, and there is a page about visiting as an offer holder, which we hope you will find useful. Don't worry though - we show all new students around properly and explain everything when you arrive to start your course, so there's no need to visit unless you're able to get to Cambridge easily and you want to. Quite a few of our students apply from a distance, so if you've never set foot in Christ's, please be assured that you won't be the only one, and it's not something that we require!
"The best thing about Christ's is the friendly, supportive and unpretentious atmosphere."
The email address for all queries whist you're an offer holder is email@example.com. and we prefer emails to phone calls where possible. It is immensely helpful to us if you can remember to start ALL emails with your details including your UCAS number, e.g.
Offer holder for Natural Sciences (Physical)
Please could you also bear in mind that we would much rather liaise with you rather than your parent / teacher / grandad / neighbour! Indeed, there are data protection and confidentiality issues which can make things tricky when other people talk to us so everything is much simpler if you write to us yourself (we are very friendly!).
There is another email address that we use when we want you to send documents to us - you'll notice when you read the details in this section that we sometimes ask you to email the document as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don't send any correspondence to that address, and please don't copy in email@example.com - the admissionsdocuments email address is only for receiving and processing your documents efficiently (and you'll get an acknowledgement email when we process your document).
"All my friends from other colleges are jealous of Christ's location!"
'Catch up' documents to send by 31 January:
It's never long before we get to some admin! During the application process, we asked Christ's applicants to send a number of additional documents, but as all Colleges do things differently, these may not have been requested by the College you applied to. If you have not sent any of the following things, please could you send them as by 31 January to 'catch up' with the students who applied to Christ's directly:
- International Science Olympiads: If you have been awarded an individual medal (i.e. Gold, Silver or Bronze) in an exam-based International Science Olympiad, well done! Please could you scan and email a pdf containing evidence of your award (normally the certificate, where available) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 January. NB This is quite a specific request as it relates to a fund - you do not need to send your certificate if a) you have been given a 'honorable mention' rather than a medal (medals are Gold, Silver, Bronze) or b) you have participated in a British Science Olympiad (or another national Olympiad) rather than an International Science Olympiad (though well done all the same!). Many thanks!
- Results breakdown: For any exams you have already completed, or for linear A levels, we would like you to send a detailed breakdown of your scores by 31 January if there is one available for your qualification and if you were not asked to send it by the College that you applied to. This is for if you gave overall grades in your UCAS applicaton but there is further detail about the exact scores you achieved within the grades. You may need to ask your school for this (breakdowns are not always printed on results statements). If your school can provide a breakdown, please send the statement or a document provided by your school as an email attachment to email@example.com. Here's some further detail on what we are looking for:
- For Linear AS- and A-levels (where you take all your exams at the end)
- Your raw scores will not normally be printed on results statements but your school should be able to provide them. You may ask a teacher to email Christ's (firstname.lastname@example.org) to provide these. Please could your teacher include your name and the subject you have an offer for in their email.
- We do want raw scores for AS levels, even if they will not 'count' towards your A-level grade.
- If you already have a document showing your score breakdown you may print this (the printout may be an email or a screenshot), an to email@example.com (our separate address for sending documents).
- For the Modular AS-levels and A-levels (qualifications with individually examined units throughout the course)
If you took modular AS or A-levels, you will have either UMS (in the UK) or Percentage Uniform Marks (some international students have these) for each module that you have taken. These are normally printed on the results statement.
- For modular AS or A-level examinations please email a document from the exam boards to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your document should show your UMS or Percentage Uniform Marks for each module you have already taken. A certified copy is one which has been signed, stamped and dated by your school to confirm that the details are correct.
- If you don't have a statements of results bu the scores are available, please ask your teacher or tutor to produce a document . Your teacher or tutor must sign, stamp and date the document to confirm that it is correct, then please save it as a pdf file and email it to email@example.com (our separate address for sending documents) as an attachment.
- For Linear AS- and A-levels (where you take all your exams at the end)
"I am actually very glad that I was pooled because Christ’s is lovely!"