We run an annual Christ's International Webinar to help students applying from outside the UK. This normally includes a very brief presentation with details for international students, and a long period of Q&A - you will be able to type in questions to be answered by Dr Emily Tomlinson (Director of Admissions) and some Christ's international students. After the webinar you will also receive a follow-up email with links to help you.
July 2024 International Webinar
If you are considering an application to Cambridge in July 2024 for Oct 2025 or deferred Oct 2026 entry, do register interest for our July 2024 international webinar. We will then send you an email when we open bookings.
Feedback from previous International Webinars
- "I asked about certain details in the My Cambridge Application questionnaire and received accurate, practical response. I also gained valuable information from other participants' questions and the hosts' answers. Really appreciate that the hosts answered all the questions in detail with great patience!"
- "I appreciated free space to ask questions, many thanks."
- "It was very helpful to see proper information regarding the finances and scholarships for international students."
- "There were many insightful comments and notes regarding the application process and a sneak peek into the UK school culture/schooling experience."
- "I liked how the presenters were very encouraging and answered in detail for all the questions."
- "I found it to be the best webinar I’ve been too so far because the individual presentations were short and engaging with a light air to it which made me less anxious and genuinely keyed into what was being said."
- "The powerpoint prepared and answers from the admission officer and students are very detailed and comprehensive. Thank you for giving me so much information of studying in Christ' College."
- "It was really insightful having the opportunity to hear from both current students and an admission officer and listen to all their advice and different perspective on the questions. The pre recordings were also good for context And the follow up email and recording useful too. Maybe next time slightly longer as we went overtime a little bit."
- "The webinar was very insightful and informative. I found it especially helpful that all our questions about the application process were answered and that two of the international students at Christ's gave advice for the application process from a student's perspective. The information about the different financial aid options was also very useful."
- "There was very helpful information regarding scholarships, as well as further information on the format of transcripts that should be sent with the application."
- "Some insightful comments from both staff and students. Practical tips."
- "The webinar was extremely well-organised and useful in clarifying my doubts as the speakers chosen had similar backgrounds that aligned to the participants, allowing me to gain valuable insights from their sharing!"
- "I had clear understandings on the overall application and admission process at Cambridge specially for international students. I greatly thank, Christ's admission staff for their time and commitment."
- "The perspectives by students were really insightful! Hoping to be able to hear from more students in the future."
Other online events
There are also further webinars and online events for prospective undergraduate students that you can book in addition to the international webinars:
- College Open Days
These are online events including a talk, a Q&A with the Director of Admissions at Christ's, a session with current students and live subject meetings with our academics. There is also an optional visit to Cambridge those those who would like to come in person. See College Open Days - we do several of them a year!
- Webinar: Christ's College: A look at the Grounds and Facilities
This is a webinar for anybody who can't visit in person but would like to see the College - we will show you a map and pictures of the grounds, facilties and accommodation and talk you through it all. This is one of our regular webinars.
- Webinar: Subject Matters - The importance of your post-16 subject choices
If you are taking the International Baccalaureate or International A levels this webinar will help you with subject choices to make sure that you are well prepared for the course that you want to apply for at Cambridge - even if you've not yet decided which course! This is one of our regular webinars
- Webinar: Cambridge for Beginners!
This webinar is not pitched for international applicants, however it could still be helpful as it explains how the university works, how you are taught, student life etc., and it gives you a run-through of the main application process, all of which applies to international applicants too. This is one of our regular webinars.
- Webinar: Personal statements and preparing an application
This webinar explains what is needed for a strong personal statement (part of the application for all applicants). This is very different from the College Essay requested by USA universities, for example, so worth attending to understand. This is one of our regular webinars, running from spring until the summer.
- Further events!
See our open days and events page for further Christ's College online events. NB. For our regular webinars, which we run January - August, we vary the time of day so if one is scheduled that doesn't suit your time zone, you just need to wait for another one - no need to watch in the middle of the night!
"I have really enjoyed the convenient location and beautiful setting, combined with a very friendly and supportive environment."