If you would like to stay overnight in Cambridge, the following websites allow you to do an accommodation search and then order the results by price.
NB the Christ's College postcode is CB2 3BU if you want to look for nearby accommodation.
The accommodation in Cambridge city centre tends to be expensive, but if you are prepared to stay slightly further out you may find a cheaper option.
We have collected together some further detail and links below to help, however please bear in mind that the information is not exhaustive and that we recommend that you read the information / liaise with providers to check that your chosen option suits your needs before making a booking. We have not visited premises and cannot make specific recommendations.
- It will be difficult to find a hotel room for under £100 in central Cambridge as it's very much a tourist market. With that warning, the hotels and guest houses closest to Christ's College are The Hilton on Downing Street, The University Arms Hotel on Regent Street, the Regent Hotel on Regent Street, Gonville Hotel on Gonville Place, and slightly further out The Royal Cambridge Hotel and Lensfield Hotel on Trumpington Road and the Graduate Hotel on Granta Place.
- For slightly cheaper rooms, you might like to try one of the budget hotels. Closest to Christ's are Travelodge Cambridge Newmarket Road and Premier Inn Cambridge City East on Newmarket Road, both only a 25 min walk from Christ's. Or, if you're coming by train, Travelodge Cambridge Central is not far from the station (though not central). IBIS is even closer, on station square literally next to the station entrance, but prices tend to be a bit higher there.
- The cheapest accommodation is likely to be at the YHA Cambridge Youth Hostel on Tenison Road (close to the railway station and a 20 min walk from Christ's) or in one of the guest houses such as The Arc B&B, Archway House, Abbyfield Guest House, Fairways Guest House, Bridge Guest House, Parkview, and slightly further out Amberlodge or Acacia House. If you are accompanied by a parent or guardian, you may also find rooms advertised on AirB&B that are of interest.
Accommodation in a Cambridge College
At most times of year
Depending on the time of year, it is sometimes possible to book B&B accommodation in a Cambridge College as Colleges often offer this option if they have rooms available out of term. There are a range of price options depending on the size and quality of individual rooms, however do check the age restrictions before booking a room.
If you are interested in staying in B&B accommodation at Christ's College,
- You must be 18 to stay in the B&B accommodation.
- Please see the accommodation booking webpage.
Information about B&B accommodation in all Colleges is available here.
Undergraduate Admissions main page / Open Days and events / Why choose Christ's?