Virtual Open Days - Events at Christ's College
Thursday 2 and Friday 3 July 2020.
Many thanks to everyone who has taken part in the open days events at Christ's! There are some follow-up suggestions below and if you've missed live sessions, don't worry - do wsee the information on further events below.
Ways to follow up on the open days
- Watch our films (see below)
- Look up Christ's on the University virtual tour
- Use the Christ's website to find out more about the college. We recommend starting with the relevant subject page then reading some student profiles. You may also want to read about the facilities, student life, and accommodation. And we have a page on Why Choose Christ's too.
- Attend further events:
We have some international webinars next week, we will continue with our regular webinars (Christ's: a look at the grounds and facilities; Cambridge for Beginners) through the summer, and we have further open days in September. For information about Christ's events, keep an eye on our open days and online events page.
Watch our films
We've made some brief films (from home!) for you to watch before the open day or if you have a few minutes while waiting for a session to start on the day. These are now available, and we have listed the questions covered underneath each video. We hope you enjoy them!
Q&A with Christ's Students
Content: What's your favourite thing about Christ's? (00:10); What's the accommodation like? (01:54); What's the food like? (03:32); What's the library like? (05:43); What's the work-life balance like? (06:57); What's the social scene like? (08:19); Were you worried about anything before coming to university? (09:56); Where can you go to relax? (11:43); Why did you choose Christ's? (13:23).
Q&A with Christ's Admissions Team members
Content: What is the community like at Christ's? (00:22); How do you support Christ's applicants and offer-holders? (02:05); Is Christ's a 'central' college? (location in relation to supermarkets, pubs, clubs, train station, coach stops and departments) (04:20); Do you have any tips for making a strong application to Christ's? (08:33); Is Christ's harder to get into than other colleges? (10:25); What is financial support like? (12:23); What is special about Christ's? (13:51); How to get in touch with us (15:15).
Look up Christ's on the Virtual Tour
On the Cambridge University Virtual Tour, you can see photos, 360 degree photography of the big garden and Third Court, and introductory articles.
Future Cambridge Open Day dates
If you are younger and would like to attend the Cambridge Open Days in the future, it is never too early to put dates in the diary! Future Cambridge open days will take place as follows:
- Thursday 8 and Friday 9 July 2021 (booking will open at the end of April 2021, if you are in Year 11, you can already register your interest)
- Thursday 7 and Friday 8 July 2022 (booking will open at the end of April 2022)
- Thursday 6 and Friday 7 July 2023 (booking will open at the end of April 2023)
- Thursday 4 and Friday 5 July 2024 (booking will open at the end of April 2024)
"Christ's is the Goldilocks college in terms of size so you'll never feel overwhelmed with all the students but you can still blend into the background if you want. When everything you need is within a stone's throw of the college, why choose anywhere else?"