Cambridge University Open Days
Thursday 2 and Friday 3 July 2020
The Cambridge University Open Days take place on Thursday 2 July and Friday 3 July 2020. This is the biggest event of the year for prospective students - all Colleges and all university departments take part so attending one of the days is a very efficient way to visit the whole of Cambridge University and speak with a range of relevant lecturers, students and admissions staff.
- There are introductory talks explaining how the University works, what it's like to be a Cambridge student, student finance, and how to apply.
- All subjects have very useful course presentations and sample lectures.
- You can speak to current students and lecturers individually at the subject stands.
- All Colleges are open and offer guided tours as part of the programme, and you can speak with College admissions staff and current students.
The open days are a great opportunity to get lots of subject information and to visit multiple colleges as well as to ask application questions. If you've never visited Cambridge before and are feeling a bit unsure about where to start, we'd advise you to go to an Applying to Cambridge talk at the beginning to the day, as these will help a lot!
2020 open days programme
In July 2020, the Cambridge Open Days programme will be available as an app - you will be given a QR code or can search for ‘Cambridge Open Days’ on Google Play or the App Store. The Open Days app will set out the full programme and includes a schedule planner, interactive maps, courses and colleges info and visitor guides.
If you prefer to use a pdf version of the programme, this will also be available to download. Before the July 2020 programme is published, you may find it helpful to look at a programme from a previous year. See, for example the July 2019 Cambridge Open Days Programme (OLD).
Some faculties also provide detailed information on their websites to supplement this:
- If you're interested in Engineering, the faculty normally publishes a more detailed Engineering programme on it's website, as there are tours of the various workshops and facilities that you use as an Engineer.
- If you are interested in Natural Sciences, there are quite a range of different subject areas so again, a more detailed programme of Natural Sciences talks and events is made available by late June.
There will also be plenty of student helpers around to point you in the right direction on the day, and you don't need to book appointments or anything - you just turn up at the places indicated.
How to book a place on the 2020 Cambridge Open Days
Booking for the Cambridge Open Days will open in April 2020. If you are considering an application to Cambridge in October 2020 for October 2021 entry (or deferred October 2022 entry) and would like to register your interest for the July 2020 Cambridge Open Days, we would be happy to send you an email reminder shortly after booking opens.
Can I visit Christ's College?
Yes! We'll be open all day during both Thursday 2 July and Friday 3 July, and we welcome visitors with a Cambridge Open Days ticket, so just come and see the College whenever you want to during the event.
- The Christ's students will be out in force, giving guided tours of the beautiful grounds and facilities.
- We'll be happy to show you inside some of our student accommodation.
- We'll have our Admissions & Outreach team to answer your application questions and give any advice and guidance that you need at this stage.
- You can pick up printed information for the subject that you want to study at Christ's, with all the information you need to apply, advice and resources etc.
The Christ's open day accommodation is reserved for Year 12 students on our Worcestershire and Herefordshire HE+ projects so we are unable to offer accommodation to other school groups or to individual students visiting Cambridge for the open days.
If you need to stay overnight and are not on the Worcestershire and Herefordshire HE+ projects, it would be worth getting in touch with another Cambridge College to see if you are able to stay there (this is often possible if you request it early enough), or you may like to look at other local accommodation options.
Visiting students are responsible for getting themselves to Cambridge for open days, however there is information about getting here.
If you are in (or were previously in) Care, please read about the Care Travel Fund (eligibility criteria apply).
Where is Christ's?
We're on St Andrew's Street (CB2 3BU), but don't worry too much, as we're very central, you'll have a map in your open days app / programme, and there will be students throughout the university to point you in the right direction if you need any help.
Future Cambridge Open Day dates
If you would like to attend the Cambridge Open Days in the future, it is never too early to put dates in the diary! Future Cambridge open days will take place on:
- Thursday 2 and Friday 3 July 2020 (booking will open at the end of April 2020) and you can register your interest now.
- Thursday 8 and Friday 9 July 2021 (booking will open at the end of April 2021)
- Thursday 7 and Friday 8 July 2022 (booking will open at the end of April 2022)
- Thursday 6 and Friday 7 July 2023 (booking will open at the end of April 2023)
- Thursday 4 and Friday 5 July 2024 (booking will open at the end of April 2024)
"Christ's is the Goldilocks college in terms of size so you'll never feel overwhelmed with all the students but you can still blend into the background if you want. When everything you need is within a stone's throw of the college, why choose anywhere else?"
"It was great to be able to talk to current students doing your subject in an informal way and I felt really comfortable to ask any questions."