For English Language results received after 10 February please upload them via the upload tool on this page once you recieve them.
If you are not a native English speaker, please read this page in full.
- Does your offer have an English language requirement?
- If you have already taken an English Language qualification
- If you are taking IELTS Academic
- If you are taking the TOEFL Internet Based Test
- If you are taking the Cambridge C2 Proficiency
- English Language resources
- How to send your English Language results to Christ's
- What if I've not taken / I'm not taking an English Language qualification?
Does your offer have an English Language requirement?
If your offer has an English language requirement, this is stated in the terms and conditions section of your offer letter. The IELTS Academic or the TOEFL Internet Based Test (IBT) scores that you will need to achieve are set out on the University website, and you will need to meet the required scores and upload the evidence by the date in your offer letter.
If your offer does not have an English language requirement, this will be stated in the same place. Note that a although your offer does not have an English language requirement, we will still need to recieve the results of any English language qualifications you have taken or any English language qualifications you take this year, if you are taking any.
If you have taken an English Language qualification
Whether or not you have an English language requirement, if you have already taken IELTS Academic, TOEFL or one of the other listed qualifications, please ensure that you upload your Score Report by 10 February and following the instructions below (unless you have already sent it as part of the application process).
|When you receive your English language results||When to upload your results|
|Results recieved in the past or before 10 February 2023||Upload by 10 February 2023|
|Results recieved after 10 February 2023||Upload after 10 February, when you receive them
(the form will still be available after 10 Feb)
If your offer does not include an English language condition we will simply add the document to your file.
If your offer includes an English Language condition then
- If you have already achieved the IELTS Academic or TOEFL Internet Based Test (IBT) scores required, and you took the test not more that two years before your course start date, we will be able to make a note that you have met this part of your offer.
- If you have not achieved the grades required by your offer, we would still like to receive your existing Score Report by 10 February, and we will be happy for you to do further work on your English Language and send us another Score Report when you have taken IELTS Academic, or the TOEFL Internet Based Test (IBT) again.
What is needed?
|IELTS Academic||If you are taking IELTS Academic, we ask both for an overall band score and a minimum score in each element (listening, reading, writing, speaking). You can read about how IELTS is scored and check our requirements here. Please consult the IELTS website for the following details:
How to register?
You must send us the Test Report Form for every sitting that you do (even if you have not yet met the required scores and will sit it again).
|TOEFL Internet Based Test (IBT)||
Please consult the TOEFL website for the following details:
You must send us the Score Report for every sitting that you do (even if you have not yet met the required scores and will sit it again).
|Cambridge English: C2 Proficiency||
We ask a for a minimum overall score of 200, with no element lower than 185. You can read about the exam format and structure and how the results are scored. Please consult the Cambridge Assessment website for the following details:
You must send us the Statement of Results for every sitting that you do (even if you have not yet met the required scores and will sit it again). Or you can share your results securely with us via the Candidate Results Service.
Please ensure that you take the relevant test early enough to send us your Test Report Form as soon as possible.
- If you have already taken IELTS Academic / TOEFL Internet Based Test (IBT) / Cambridge C2 Proficiency at the time that you get your offer letter, please upload your Test Report Form by 10 February 2023.
- If you take an English Language test after 10 February or receive the scores for a test after 10 February then you upload the results once they are available.
- If you have an English Language condition to meet as part of your offer, the deadline to meet this is 1 July 2023, however do bear in mind that this is the latest date at which you could meet the requirement. We recommend that you take the test and upload your results earlier than the deadline in your offer letter if possible. This is especially important if you will need a visa to study at Cambridge, as we will not be able to process your CAS until you have met all of the conditions of your offer including your English Language condition.
English Language resources
You may need to do further work on your English Language. Amongst resources that you may use in addition to the ones on the IELTS/TOEFL websites, the following online courses are designed for students taking English Language Tests.
- Inside IELTS: Preparing for the Test with the Experts
You may also find some of the free resources in this IELTS Podcast helpful. If you find one or more further test resources that you think it would be good for us to list here, we would appreciate it if you could send your suggestion to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have taken the relevant test, remember to keep working on your English! Further resources that will help you make a smooth transition to doing your academic work in English include:
- FutureLearn Course: English for Academic Study
- FutureLearn Course: English For Academic Purposes
- FutureLearn Course: First Steps - Learning English for academic purposes
- FutureLearn Course: Writing an academic essay - Learning English for academic purposes
- FutureLearn Course: Listening and presenting - Learning English for academic purposes
- FutureLearn Course: An Intermediate Guide to writing in English for University Study
NB. These resources may be helpful to look at even if we have not set you an English Language condition as part of your offer or you have already met your English language offer condition. If you find one or more further resources that you think it would be good for us to list here, we would appreciate it if you could send your suggestion to email@example.com.
How to send your English Language Results to Christ's
STEP 1: Please read about receiving your results on the relevant website (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge C2 Proficiency). We need a copy of your Test Report Form (IELTS) / Score Report (TOEFL) / Statement of Results or Certificate (Cambridge C2 Proficiency) and ask you to upload this to us directly at Christ's College (rather than sending it by post and setting University of Cambridge as a destination).
STEP 2: Once you receive it, please save your Test Report Form / Score Report / Certificate or Statement of Results as a pdf file on a computer.
STEP 3: Please save your pdf with the file name in this specific format:
15 - Subject - FAMILY NAME First name - English Language results - UCAS Personal ID
Here's an example: for the fictional Li Min CHUA holding an offer for Economics, the file name might be
- 15 - Economics - CHUA Li Min - English Language results - 1063323342
Note that there is a space before and after each hypen, and there is a number at the beginning.
STEP 3: Please open the file on your computer and check that it is legible.
STEP 4: Please then complete the following upload tool, which includes a question that allows you to upload your pdf. Please make sure that you see the confirmation screen once you have clicked on submit form.
If we have a problem opening the file or if there's something wrong with the document you have sent for some reason, we'll let you know (as ever).
Thank you for your help in sending your English Language document following our instructions - it helps us to process everything for you as efficiently and accurately as possible.
If you miss the English Language grades that we asked for
Please send us your Test Report Form / Score Report (whatever you get) and we will then be able to advise you individually on what to do if you have not met the score requirements in your conditional offer (if relevant).
If you do more than one test sitting, there is no problem with this, but note that we must receive a Test Report Form / Score Report for every sitting that you do.
What if I've not taken / I'm not taking an English Language qualification?
If you do not have an English language requirement as part of your offer and you have also not taken / are not taking an English language qualification then you can ignore this page: there is nothing you need to do. If you want to take an English Language Test anyway, go for it - please just remember to send us the results (whatever you get).
Back to offer holders section main page / Forward to next page: If you will need a visa