Financial information for overseas offer holders (2021 entry)
This page is part of the offer-holders section for students who have been offered an undergraduate place at Christ's College and contains financial information for overseas students starting a course in October 2021. Please read it alongside your offer letter.
Cambridge Commonwealth, European & International Trust Awards (2021 entry - application needed)
The Cambridge Commonwealth, European and International Trust Awards are for overseas students (including EU) in financial need. The application form will be emailed to overseas offer holders for 2021 in late January, and if you would like to be considered for an award, you complete and return the form to email@example.com by 12 February 2021.
- If you do not require financial support in order to study at Cambridge, please do not apply for a scholarship. You will only be eligible for a scholarship if you have financial need.
- Further information is on the Cambridge Trusts website. We recommend that you read the key points for undergraduate applicants and the scholarship search, enables you to find awards that you may be eligible for. In most cases there are no additional application forms to complete.
- When completing the form, please note that the College fee for 2021 entry is £9,800. This is included in the annual tuition fee given in the box at the beginning of your offer letter.
- Once you've made your application, do bear in mind that different students will hear back at different times - it's nothing to worry about.
Christ's College Awards (2021 entry)
- Students with overseas fee status (including EU) are encouraged to apply to be considered for a Christ's College International Award. You will receive an email to let you know that applications are open by email in the second half of February (this was sent on 19 February), and the deadline to apply is 5 March. Further information as well as the application form is available on the Christ's International Award Applications page.
- There is a Li Ka Shing Foundation Lord Sandberg Memorial Scholarship for students resident in Hong Kong. There is no separate application process for this.
- Once you have started your course at Christ's, small grants will be available to cover a range of activities once you have started your course:
- Lab work
- Summer internships
- Extracurricular activities such as sports, music, theatre, art
Further information, including how to apply, will be made available after you have started your course at Christ's.
Other Awards (2021 entry)
- There are Prince Philip Scholarships for applicants from Hong Kong: These awards are for permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. If you applied for one of these when you applied to Cambridge, details are on the Prince Philip Scholarship website.
- There's a SJI Foundation Christ's College Cambridge Scholarship for students who attended SJI Schools in Singapore.
- This external scholarship website may be useful to research opportunities for students from a range of countries.
- If you have a diagnosed disability, you may be eligible for the International Disabled Students' Fund (IDS Fund).
Financial Guarantee Form and evidence document(s) - 2021 entry
For overseas students, we have sent a financial guarantee form with your offer letter. Or, for students who applied last year, we sent the financial guarantee form with your January update information.
|If you will fund your studies 100% through private finance or have already organised your funding, please uplaoad your financial guarantee form and evidence to us as soon as possible (the deadline is 30 June, but please return it before then if it is ready earlier).||If you are applying for scholarships, you will need to wait for the outcome of your applications before returning the financial guarantee form and evidence, however please make sure that you return it by 30 June (if you think that you will have difficulty meeting this deadline, please email us as soon as possible).|
The document you plan to upload should be saved on your computer with file name:
Subject - SURNAME First Name - Financial Guarantee Form and Evidence - UCAS Personal ID
e.g. for the fictional Angela Wiseman, it might be Natural Sciences (Biological) - WISEMAN Angela - Financial Guarantee - 1072833381
The link to upload your form and evidence is here:
Notes about the form and evidence document:
- If your evidence document is not in English, please send both the original and a translation into English. We are happy for you to complete the translation yourself, and will let you know if we have any questions.
- Please check that your evidence document(s) shows that you will have sufficient funds for the full duration of your course. It’s expected that international students should have evidence that they have funds to cover one year (e.g. savings) and expected annual income to cover the remainder (e.g. salary or other funds). So you don't need to have an amount equivalent to several years' tuition in the bank right now but we do need to see that you will also be able to sustain the cost of studying and living in Cambridge after you have used the funds for the first year. The funds for future years could include confirmation of an external scholarship awarded, parental income etc, but should not be assets in the form of occupied family property.
- Signatures on the form must be real signatures so please sign and then copy the form.