The Working Library
- Members of the College have 24-hour access to the Working Library with their university cards. Library staff are available from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday. Books can be borrowed at any time.
- The Working Library comprises the Arthur Peck Reading Room (Floor 1), the Group Study Room (Mezzanine Floor), the Bookstacks (Floors 2 and 3), and the Law Library.
- We aim to provide the required texts and background materials for Tripos Parts I and II (found in the Reading Room and Bookstacks).
The Reading Room
- The Reading Room provides seating for approximately 60 readers, while the Group Study Room provides seating for an additional 16.
- In the Reading Room, we have a 'Reference' section that includes Cambridge University examination papers, encyclopaedias, and dictionaries.
- We also have a 'General Interest' section consisting of popular biographies, fiction, poetry, cookbooks, personal health, travel, and study skills books, and a growing selection of DVDs.
The Law Library
- The Law Library is situated off First Court and is only accessible by card access to law students. It provides 12 reading spaces and is a reference collection of law reports, journals, and statutes. Law texts available for borrowing are located on Floor 2 of the Working Library.
The Old Library
- If a book you require is labelled 'Lower Old Library', don't worry! These books are available (sometimes for reference, but sometimes for borrowing) but require a member of staff to fetch the item(s) for you.
- You may consult material labelled 'Old Library' following discussion with library staff. We are also happy to allow you to bring visitors to the Old Library (it's a great place to show off to friends and visiting family), but please give us at least 24 hour notice!