The Working Library
- The Working Library comprises the Arthur Peck Reading Room (Floor 1), the Group Study Room (Mezzanine Floor), the Bookstacks (Floors 2 and 3), and the Law Library (for law students only).
- Members of Christ's College have 24-hour access to the Working Library with their university cards and can borrow materials at any time.
- We aim to provide all books needed for Part I papers, and as many as possible for Part II papers. Some material may also support postgraduate studies. We have recently produced a guide specifically for postgraduate students: it may be found here.
- An undergraduate students guide may be found here.
- Library staff are usually available from 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
The Reading Room
- The Reading Room is a silent study area with seating for approximately 60 readers. The Group Study Room provides a space for collaborative work with seating for up to 16 people, two portable white boards and a fixed chalkboard. An overhead projector is also available.
- The 'Reference' section of the library includes Cambridge University examination papers, plus encyclopaedias and dictionaries.
- Our 'General Interest' section consists of popular biographies, fiction, poetry, cookbooks, personal health, travel, and study skills books, and a growing selection of DVDs.
The Law Library
- The Law Library is situated off First Court (ground floor, on the right hand side of K stairs) and is usually only accessible to law students. It provides 12 reading spaces and houses a reference collection of law reports, journals, and statutes. Law books for borrowing are located on Floor 2 of the Working Library.
The Old Library
- If a book you require is labelled 'Lower Old Library', don't worry! These books are available (sometimes for reference, sometimes for borrowing), but require a member of staff to fetch the item(s) for you.
- You may consult material labelled 'Old Library' following discussion with library staff. We are also happy to allow you to bring visitors to the Old Library (it's a great place to show off to friends and visiting family), but please give us at least 24 hours' notice if you can! It is not usually possible to arrange tours of the Old Library on Saturdays or Sundays.