Suggested reading for Philosophy
This page provides reading suggestions for students interested in studying Philosophy.
If you come for interview in Philosophy, we don’t expect you to have read all of these books.
- Plato, Euthyphro and Meno
- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics
- Rene Descartes, Meditations on First Philosophy – especially Meditations 1 and 2
- David Hume, An Enquiry concerning Human Understanding – especially Sections IV, V, VII and X
- George Berkeley, Three Dialogues between Hylas and Philonous
- John Stuart Mill, On Liberty and The Subjection of Women
- Thomas Nagel, Mortal Questions
- Thomas Nagel, What Does It All Mean?
- Bertrand Russell, The Problems of Philosophy