Subject Taster Days
Every year Christ's College hosts a series of Subject Taster Days, themed around the life and legacies of famous figures and alumni from the College's past.
In 2020, the Taster Days will take place on the following dates, and although applications have now closed, if you are in Year 11, you can register your interest for next year.
- Biological Natural Sciences (Darwin) Taster Day: 4 March 2020
- History (Lady Margaret Beaufort) Taster Day: 3 March 2020
- English (John Milton) Taster Day: 28 February 2020
- Economics Taster Day (James Meade): 25 February 2020
The aim of these days are to give potential applicants a taste of what it is like to study these subjects at Cambridge. The programme varies in each case, but usually includes a series of lectures and workshops, a library session, a tour of the college, an admissions workshop and a buffet lunch.
This Taster Days are aimed at academically able students who meet all of the criteria below:
- are in Year 12 (or equivalent)
- attend an academy, school or college that does not charge fees.
- are studying the relevant subjects at A Level, IB Higher or equivalent.
- are interested in exploring their subject beyond the standard school curriculum.
If you are from outside the UK and are unsure about your eligibility to apply for this event, please contact us for further information.
Year 11: Register your interest for the 2021 Taster Days
If you are currently in Year 11 and would like to attend one of these taster days next year (when you are in Year 12), please register your interest.
If you register your interest, we will send you an email to notify you when applications open in January 2021. Eligible students will then need to complete an application form for the relevant event in order to be considered for a place (please see the relevant pages for Biological Natural Sciences (Darwin), History (Lady Margaret Beaufort), Economics or English (John Milton) to check on details and eligibility criteria).
All of our taster days are for students only (there are no sessions for parents & guardians).
Visiting students are responsible for getting themselves to Cambridge for taster days, however we provide travel information:
- How to get to Christ's
- If you are in (or were previously in) Care, please read about the Care Travel Fund (eligibility criteria apply).
The exact timetable will vary for each event, but as a guide, we normally start at about 10.30 or 11am and finish at about 4 or 4.30pm. Lunch is provided (free of charge).