Subject Taster Days
Every year Christ's College hosts a series of Subject Taster Days, themed around the life and legacies of famous figures and alumni from the College's past.
In 2019, the Taster Days took place on the following dates:
- Biological Natural Sciences (Darwin) Taster Day: 27 February 2019 Event has already taken place.
- History (Lady Margaret Beaufort) Taster Day: 28 February 2019 Event has already taken place.
- English (John Milton) Taster Day: 6 March 2019 Event has already taken place.
The aim of these days are to give potential applicants a taste of what it is like to study these subjects at Cambridge. The programme varies in each case, but usually includes a series of lectures and workshops, a library session, a tour of the college, an admissions workshop and a buffet lunch.
This Taster Days are aimed at academically able students who meet all of the criteria below:
- are in Year 12 (or equivalent)
- attend an academy, school or college that does not charge fees.
- are studying the relevant subjects at A Level, IB Higher or equivalent.
- are interested in exploring their subject beyond the standard school curriculum.
If you are from outside the UK and are unsure about your eligibility to apply for this event, please contact us for further information.
Apply for a place on a 2020 Taster Day
Applications for the 2020 Biological Natural Sciences, History and English Taster Days are likely to open in mid-January 2020. Eligible Year 12 students in the 2019-20 academic year will then need to complete an application form for the relevant event in order to be considered for a place. The forms are published on the relevant pages for Biological Natural Sciences (Darwin), History (Lady Margaret Beaufort), or English (John Milton).
All of our taster days are for students only (there are no sessions for parents & guardians).
Visiting students are responsible for getting themselves to Cambridge for taster days, however we provide travel information:
The exact timetable will vary for each event, but as a guide, we normally start at about 10.30 or 11am and finish at about 4 or 4.30pm. Lunch is provided (free of charge).