Subject Taster Days
Every year Christ's College hosts a series of Subject Taster Days, themed around the life and legacies of famous figures and alumni from the College's past. This year, the following Taster Days are planned:
- Biological Natural Sciences (Darwin) Taster Day: 27 February 2019
- History (Lady Margaret Beaufort) Taster Day: 28 February 2019
- English (John Milton) Taster Day: 6 March 2019
The aims of these days are to give potential applicants a taste of what it is like to study these subjects at Cambridge. The programme varies in each case, but usually includes a series of lectures and workshops, a library session, a tour of the college, an admissions workshop and a buffet lunch.
Apply for a place on a Taster Day
Applications for the 2019 Taster Days are now open! You can find out more about each event, including eligibility criteria, on its page (above), or apply now below using these links:
- Biological Natural Sciences, 27 February: application form here
- History, 28 February: application form here
- English, 6 March: application form here
This Taster Day is aimed at academically able students who meet all of the criteria below:
- are in Year 12 (or equivalent)
- attend an academy, school or college that does not charge fees.
- are studying the relevant subjects at A Level, IB Higher or equivalent.
- are interested in exploring their subject beyond the standard school curriculum.
If you are from outside the UK and are unsure about your eligibility to apply for this event, please contact us for further information.
The taster day is for students only (there are no sessions for parents & guardians).
Visiting students are responsible for getting themselves to Cambridge for taster days, however we provide travel information:
The exact timetable will vary for each event, but as a guide, we normally start at about 10.30 or 11am and finish at about 4 or 4.30pm. Lunch is provided (free of charge).