Forms and Letters

UK Bank Account    
Please download and complete the form Opening a Bank Account in Cambridge and return it to Y4.  Your letter will be sent to your pigeon hole for collection.
Council Tax    
Students are exempt from paying Council Tax, both at their home and College addresses.  Information to cover the exemption is provided by the College to Cambridge City Council for students living in College accommodation. Note however that students living in non-College/private accommodation need to apply themselves for exemption from council tax.   This can be done online at this link. You should include your USN in your registration which the unique student number allocated to you by CamSIS.  This should eliminate the need to provide a Council tax letter but one can still be provided if for any reason the Council request one.

Student Status Letter    
If you need a letter to confirm your student status and the dates/duration of your course, please contact and provide a summary of the relevant information the letter needs to contain, as this can vary depending on the circumstances - some need to be more detailed than others so please check! Your letter will be sent to your pigeon hole for collection.

Tier 4 Visa   
If you are studying in Cambridge on a Tier 4 visa you must attend the Tutorial Office in Y4 once per term in person to sign your contact sheet form. This must be completed before the end of the first week of term. 
For 2016-2017 the deadline dates are : 7 October 2016, 20 January 2017 and 28 April 2017

College Transcripts
Please contact to arrange a College transcript.  If you require an official University of Cambridge transcript you will need to contact Student Registry.

University Cards
University Cards are administered by the Tutorial Office. If your card is broken or lost please email  There may be a small replacement fee charged depending on the circumstances.

Student National Railcards
If you wish to arrange a Student Railcard for savings of up to 1/3 on travel around the UK rail network, you will need to either collect a form from the train station or click through to the website to download one.  The College needs to complete and stamp a section of the form, and you can arrange this in Y4. Students between 16 and 25 years of age, and mature/graduate students in full-time study, are both eligible. You will be required to provide details of your valid passport or UK driving license as proof of age and mature students need to prove eligibility for which a College stamp and signature will suffice.

Forms for College Awards and Travel Grants: please visit the Awards, Grants and Prizes web page.





Maintained by Jo Taylor | Last updated Sun, 14 Aug 2016 - 11:33am